Gluten Free Things is a sponsor of The Modern Eater Show and owner John Irvin is a frequent guest chef on this fun foodie oriented weekly podcast. Catch up and have some fun listening in with John cooking up some of his delicious gluten-free vittles with hosts Rich Schneider, Brian Freeman, Greg Hollenback, and Jay Parker putting a spotlight on the Hyper-Local Food and Drink markets in the Denver Metro area. TME features #hyperlocal #colorado food and beverage every Sat from 6-8p Mountain Time LIVE from @studiokitchencolorado on FB, YT live and @iheartradio.
On February 29th, John whipped up some awesome tasting gluten-free Waffles & Chicken. Kids love the combination of Chicken and Waffles and John enjoys preparing these two favorites of his grandkids. Watch our edited clips from The Modern Eater show and grab the recipes below so you can make John's famous gluten-free Waffles & Chicken for your kids or grandkids as well.
Featured Gluten Free Recipes
Easy and Delicious Gluten Free Waffles
1/2 Cup Gluten Free Things Waffle Mix
1/3 Cup Whole Milk
1 ea Large Egg
1 tsp Vanilla
2 TBSP Butter, Melted & Cooled
Recipe Yield: 1 Gluten Free Waffle
1. Combine 1/3 Cup Whole Milk, 1 Large Egg, and 2 TBSP Butterr, Melted and cooled, into a Gluten Free Mixing Bowl and mix with a Gluten Free whisk until well blended.
2. Add 1/2 Cup Gluten Free. Things Waffle Mix to Gluten free Mixing Bowl with the liquid ingredients and stir with a Gluten Free whisk until well blended and no dry particles are left.
3. Place Gluten Free Waffle Mixture onto a Dedicated Gluten Free Waffle Iron and cook normally. Waffle should come out crispy and golden brown when done.
4. Use Gluten Free Utensils to Remove Waffle from iron and place onto a plate. Optionally, sprinkle with powdered sugar or pure maple syrup.
Crispy Gluten Free Chicken Tenders
6 – 8 Chicken Tenders
1/2 cup Gluten Free Things All Purpose Flour Mix
1 tsp fine ground pepper
1 tsp sea salt
2 TBSP Sunflower Oil (or vegetable oil of preference)
Recipe Yield: 6 Gluten Free Crispy Fried Chicken
1. Place a large skillet on the stove, (or use an electric skillet) and add Sunflower or Vegetable Oil to pan, and preheat to medium heat.
2. Meanwhile, mix 1/2 cup flour mix with the salt and pepper in a bowl or ziplock bag until well blended.
3. Place chicken tenders in the flour turning until each is dredged with a medium light coating of our Gluten Free Things brand All Purpose Flour. Shake off any excess flour.
4. When the oil is heated to medium, carefully use tongs to place floured chicken tenders in the heated oil to fry. Set the timer to 5-7 minutes until the chicken is a light golden brown on one side. With tongs, carefully turn each chicken tender to cook the other side another 5 to 7 minutes.
5. With tongs, removed chicken from skillet, placing on a plate lined with paper towel.
You’re ready for gluten-free waffles and chicken, a favorite combination, especially among kids.
Colorado ships $5 Flat Rate through the end of March 2020
Shop Online For Gluten Free Things Brand
Breads & Treats!
Gluten Free & Vegan All Purpose Flour Mix
Our All Purpose Flour Mix is a great flour for dredging chicken for a crisp coating, making roux and gravies.
Gluten Free & Vegan Waffle & Pancake Mix
Our waffle & pancake mix is a special blend that even your non-gluten family and friends will love!
Other Delicious Gluten Free & Vegan
Things You'll Love
Gluten Free Vegan
Edible Cookie Dough
Our gluten-free vegan cookie dough is edible because it’s 100% vegan, and that means egg-free, dairy-free, casein-free, soy-free, corn-free and nut-free. Eat your cookie dough while you bake up a batch. MMMMMM!
Gluten Free Vegan
Don’t want to bake but would like to enjoy the great taste of our gluten-free vegan cookie things? Great! They come in 6 taste-bud exploding flavors and you’ll love every one of them.